Our client is seeking a Senior Clinician Social Worker (Grade 3).
The position is based at Sunshine Adult Acute Psychiatric Unit Sunshine Hospital (SAAPU) in the Western suburbs of Melbourne.
The Social Worker Grade 3 role is a member of the multidisciplinary team and SAAPU executive
that provides leadership and consumer recovery focused care, based on evidence base practice
as well as commitment to the delivery of social work services that are responsive to the needs of
consumers and carers.
Formal Qualification(s) & Required Registration(s):
- An Approved degree in Social Work and eligibility for membership of the Australian Association of Social Workers
- Several years of relevant experience
The Social Worker Grade 3
- Promotes a high standard of Social Work practice within the SAAPU Social Work team as a key responsibility.
- Oversees delegation of work across the social work team; ensuring balance between complexity,workload, and development or practice for social work team members.
- Provides psychosocial assessments, integrated casework service and other social work interventions,including income support liaison, accommodation placement, application for Guardianship andAdministration orders, NDIS applications, discharge planning, counselling, support and information
- provision regarding resources and services, to consumers, their families or carers.
- Provides professional supervision and support to social work staff and social work students
– Comply with all legal requirements pertaining to the position including responsibility for maintaining current registration as required by your professional organisation or other applicable Acts.
– Proven ability to plan, implement and evaluate social work intervention for consumers in the acute
phase of mental illness.
– Demonstrated ability to provide advanced social work practice, including individual, family, group work
and community liaison to consumers with complex mental health and psychosocial problems, their
families and carers, incorporating a broad range of the theoretical knowledge and perspectives, in
particular to, an integrated Recovery based treatment model.
– Demonstrated expertise in supporting staff in sensitively responding to the needs of consumers who
have experienced sexual abuse, elder abuse or family violence.
– Demonstrated expertise in knowledge of issues associated with mental illness, and awareness of the
impact of these on dependent children, family and carers.
– Proven ability to liaise and consult with a broad range of health professionals, community agencies
– Highly developed organisational, interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills including
competent use of relevant information technology and electronic patient records
– A sound working knowledge of, and commitment to, working with consumers, family and carers from a
range of cultural backgrounds, and to provide gender sensitive services.
– Ability to function effectively as part of a multidisciplinary team.
– Ability to supervise social workers and social work/allied health assistants.
– Sound knowledge of the Mental Health Act and other of relevant legislation, such as the Guardianship
and Administration Act, Children Youth and Families Act, and other policies and strategic directions
relevant to mental health
– Ability and willingness to provide regular clinical fieldwork placements to social work students as
– Demonstrated commitment to, and evidence of actively seeking ongoing professional development
Page 6 of 8 2020 v1.2
– Sound organisational skills and demonstrated capacity for using initiative and problem solving.
– A current driver’s license.
– Working with Children’s Check.
– Postgraduate/advanced qualifications in social work, family therapy, or other relevant fields.
– Knowledge and skills utilising single session family consultation model within an acute inpatient setting.
– Ability to speak a community language.
– Membership with the Australian Association of Social Workers,
Please contact John on one of our free call numbers for a confidential discussion or email your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org and we will contact you within 24 hours.
HealthStaff Recruitment – We are looking after you!
HealthStaff Recruitment is Australia’s most successful healthcare recruitment company. Providing recruitment services since 1998, the company has developed extensive expertise and experience in both national and international recruitment of Hospital Doctors and General Practitioners and other healthcare professionals.
HealthStaff Recruitment has certification in the RCSA Service Delivery Standard. The RCSA Service Delivery Standard sets a benchmark for the highest quality service and operational efficiency in the recruitment industry. This certification is a demonstration of our commitment to excellence in recruitment service
Our service is Free for all candidates.
Free call from UK 0800 028 8376 or 0800 047 0924 * Ireland 1800 422 011 * Canada 1866 286 7349 * Australia 1800 330 533 * NZ 0800 223 381
Do you wish to apply for this job? Click below and apply now!