Our client is seeking to employ a Psychiatrist for the role of Clinical Director Mental Health.
- Senior Staff Specialist level
- 12 month appointment and option to apply for permanent appointment
- Salary indication: $350,000 + paid annual leave and superannuation
You will lead and manage medical staff including recruitment, rostering, performance management, ongoing education and attending to administrative matters related to medical staff.
- Provide clinical leadership and support to mental health staff and ensure a genuine collaboration with consumers,carers and partner organisations for quality patient outcomes.
- In partnership with the Director of Medical Services Mental Health and Alcohol & Other Drugs initiate, develop,manage and evaluate plans, strategies, policies and systems to align with local, state and national strategic andoperational requirements.
- Coordinate, monitor and evaluate the delivery of mental health services at strategic and operational levels for theservice and ensure that expenditure monitoring, activity data and case mix management is consistent with thedevelopment and management of budgets in collaboration with the Service Manager.
- Provide initiative, academic knowledge and supervise residents, registrars and career medical officers in accordance with their level of training and experience. Act as a clinical resource and teacher for medical students, junior doctors,nurses and allied health staff to foster safe clinical practice.
Registered or eligible for full registration with AHPRA as a Specialist Psychiatrist with Fellowship of the RANZCP and/or overseas trained specialist eligible to be assessed by the College as substantially comparable.
1. Demonstrated current clinical experience as a Senior Medical Officer in Psychiatry at the role delineation
of the service.
2. Demonstrated recent leadership and management experience.
3. Ability to provide leadership and work effectively as part of a multidisciplinary team.
4. Demonstrated effective clinical communication through the use of information technology and written,
verbal and interpersonal skills.
5. Demonstrated commitment to teaching, continuing education, research, and quality improvement.
6. Availability to participate in an on-call roster and to respond on site within a reasonable time.
7. Valid unrestricted drivers licence for use in Australia and willingness to travel in the course of
Please contact John on one of our free call numbers for a confidential discussion or email your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org and we will contact you within 24 hours
We have a wide choice of Psychiatry positions in Brisbane, Canberra, Gold Coast, Adelaide, Perth, NSW Coast, Sydney, Perth, Melbourne, Darwin. Check out our vacancies on our website www.healthstaffrecruitment.com. au
HealthStaff Recruitment – We are looking after you!
HealthStaff Recruitment is Australia’s most successful healthcare recruitment company. Providing recruitment services since 1998, the company has developed extensive expertise and experience in both national and international recruitment of Hospital Doctors and General Practitioners and other healthcare professionals.
HealthStaff Recruitment has certification in the RCSA Service Delivery Standard. The RCSA Service Delivery Standard sets a benchmark for the highest quality service and operational efficiency in the recruitment industry. This certification is a demonstration of our commitment to excellence in recruitment service
Our service is Free for all candidates.
Free call from Australia 1800 330 533* NZ 0800 223 381 * UK 0800 028 8376 or 0800 047 0924 * Ireland 1800 422 011 *Canada 1866 286 734
Do you wish to apply for this job? Click below and apply now!