Other hospitals may be the best in regards to employment for healthcare professionals, whilst others are far more well known due to their status in television shows. Let us list the best hospitals in Australia (in no particular order), and why they have that title.
- According the government’s My Hospitals website, 91% of patients in the Auburn Hospital emergency room left within 4 hours, making it the best emergency room in the country.
- Albany and Mt Isa Hospitals share the title of second best ERs in the country, with 90% seen within four hours.
- The Royal Melbourne Hospital is said to be one of the best public hospitals in Australia, and boasts 85,000 admissions a year and an ER to envy.
- If you’re interested in whether you’ll contract Golden Staph (Staphylococcus aureus) in a New South Wales hospital, Goulburn has the lowest rate with zero cases in 2013-2014.
- Of the inner-city hospitals The Royal Prince Alfred Hospital at Camperdown, Sydney, saw patients waiting only 76 days for a tonsillectomy, and it beat the national averages for the time it took to be seen in their ER.
- The Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital is reported to be the largest tertiary referring hospital in the state and is a major player in the areas of teaching and research.
- If you do a bit of research, you’ll find the ‘ranking of world hospitals’ by the Cybermetrics Lab (who belong to the largest publicly-owned research group in Spain) name the Royal Children’s Hospital in Melbourne the best hospital in Australia.
- St John of God Healthcare which is technically not a hospital, but a health care provider that owns hospitals, including:
- The St John of God Murdoch Hospital in Perth, which took the award for the third year running in 2015 for the best private ER for patient-centred care.
- The Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital in Perth is reputed to be one of the country’s leading teaching hospitals.
That brings us to the end of our list of the 10 best hospitals in Australia. We also have a recent list of the 10 Best Children’s Hospitals in Australia.
If you’re interested in working at one of these outstanding hospitals, we’d love to help! Contact us today for professional assistance with your move, from paperwork and other legalities to writing a resume and opening a bank account. In the meantime, please feel free to view our medical job vacancies.