If you are a healthcare professional looking to work in New Zealand, it is important to have a knowledge of the New Zealand working visas available. We have compiled the various visas that can be used to work in New Zealand below.
Temporary Work Visa
The temporary work visa is for those people who meet the following criteria:
- The individual has a job offer from a New Zealand employer
- The individual is going to New Zealand for a defined event or purpose
- The individual is seeking work experience
- The individual is seeking to join a partner in New Zealand, and wishes to work
Working Holiday Visa
The working holiday visa is offered by New Zealand to those who are aged between 18 and 30 years old. This visa allows a stay in New Zealand of up to 23 months. To be eligible for this type of visa you must be from one of the countries specified by Immigration New Zealand. To see the list of countries or to apply for this working visa, please refer to the Work in New Zealand website.
Silver Fern Visas
The Silver Fern visas include two visas. These are:
- Silver Fern Job Search
- Silver Fern Practical Experience
The Silver Fern Job Search Visa
This visa offers individuals the opportunity to enter New Zealand for 9 months to search for skilled employment. This visa is limited to 300 per year. To be eligible to receive this visa you must meet the following requirements:
- You must be aged between 20 and 35 years old
- You must meet qualification requirements
- You must meet English language proficiency requirements
- You must be in possession of enough funds to support yourself throughout your stay in New Zealand.
The Silver Fern Practical Experience Visa
This visa can only be applied for after the individual has successfully found skills employment in New Zealand under the Silver Fern Job Search Visa. This visa allows the individual to work up to 2 years in New Zealand in the job, which they secured during their job search. To be eligible for this visa you must meet the requirements specified under the Silver Fern job search visa.
The skilled migrant category is a visa that permits the individual to live and work permanently in New Zealand. To be eligible for the skilled migrant visa, you must meet the following criteria:
- You must be aged 55 or under
- You must be of good health and good character
- You are proficient in the English language
It is important to note that this visa is offered based on a points system. To be granted this visa you must have enough points, as specified by the immigration New Zealand. This points are given based on age, experience, employability and qualifications. To see if you have enough points please refer to the official Points Indicator list. Learn how to apply for this visa on New Zealand Immigration website.
Visa Eligibility Requirements
To be eligible for a visa in New Zealand, you must meet certain requirements specified by Immigration New Zealand. These requirements apply to all visas, and include the following:
- The individual must be in Good Health and of Good Character
- The individual has a valid passport
- The individual must genuinely want to work and be employed in New Zealand
- The individual must be in possession of the right visa for the stay in New Zealand
For more information on any New Zealand working visas please refer to the immigration New Zealand website.